Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for south western part of CAPEL in SHIRE OF CAPEL
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in an area bounded by Goodwood Road, Hawley Parkway, Spurr Street and Prowse Road. .
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
- You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
- The fire started near the intersection of GOODWOOD ROAD and HAWLEY PARKWAY in CAPEL
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a north westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF CAPEL.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
- firefighters are attending.
- Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
DRONES AND AERIAL SUPPORT:
Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
- The fire was reported at 11:52 AM on 27 March 2019.
- DFES is managing the fire.