Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for parts of AUSTRALIND in SHIRE OF HARVEY
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people bounded by Paris Road to the north, The Boulevard to the east, Collie River to south and Barnes Avenue to the west.
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
- You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
- The fire started near the intersection of PARIS RD and BREAK O'DAY DR in AUSTRALIND
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF HARVEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
- The fire was reported at 02:52 PM on 5 March 2019.
- DFES is managing the fire.