For anyone who shared a childhood in the ‘80s or before here in Perth, a big part of your childhood is coming back.
It’s confirmed. It’s expected that by January 1, 2019, you’ll be able to trade in eligible beverage containers in return for cash.
(By cash we mean a 10 cent piece, but once you start getting a collection going, it all adds up.)
What’s eligible, we hear you ask? Well, plastic and glass bottles, paper-board cartons, and steel and aluminium cans between 150 millilitres and three litres.
Examples of eligible beverage containers include:
- soft drink cans and bottles
- bottled waters – both plastic and glass
- small flavoured milk drinks
- beer and cider cans and bottles
- sports drinks and spirit-based mixed drinks