The Vic Park Summer Street Party returns to the urban village of Victoria Park tomorrow, Sunday 9th December, delivering another great series of attractions to suit all ages and tastes and to launch the "summer of love".
Up to 50,000 people are expected to take over the Albany Highway café strip between midday and 8pm for an entertainment and cultural event that will bring together the entire community, with the festival’s footprint extended this year from Dane Street to Sussex Street.
Locals and visitors alike are invited to attend the family fun event featuring live entertainment, handmade craft and unique market stalls, free face painting, free kids’ activities, gourmet food, roaming performers, carnival rides, sustainability information and activities along with much more.
Excitingly, the event will showcase plenty of local musical talent with the inaugural Vic Park UnEarthed competition, presented by the member for Victoria Park, Ben Wyatt.
UnEarthed gives local musicians the opportunity to perform at the festival and to record their work to vinyl.
Other highlights of the Vic Park Summer Street Party include:
- Rhubarb Records Main Stage packed with live music giving a taste of summer, headlined by Pat Chow and featuring other acts such as Coco Blu, Ruby May and The Spunloves
- Dance aplenty with Chinese Lion Dancers, Celtic Dancers, Swing Dancers and a Bollywood/hip-hop fusion finale with live Dhol drummers
- Pop-up bars serving local craft beers
- The chance to grant the Christmas wish of a guide dog puppy
- Plenty of retail therapy with local business specials and market stalls just in time for Christmas shopping
- Richard Walley and the Junkadelic Brass Band perform with the Kent Street High School Studio Singers
- A "soapbox" comedy zone in the IGA Laneway
- The return of the fabulous giant tentacles at The Balmoral Hotel
So make sure to head out to Vic Park for some summer fun this Sunday! You and the other 49,999 people expected there :)