Image Source: Getty Images
There is a big dilemma facing Perth Wildcats fans right now.
With their spot locked away in this year’s NBL Grand Final series, our attention turns to who their opponents will be, to be decided tomorrow night in the clash between the Illawarra Hawks and the Adelaide 36’ers.
Here’s the dilemma.
- If Illawarra win, Perth earn the home court advantage over the 5 game Grand Final series. However, Perth will have to make the horror road trip to Illawarra at least once, maybe twice.
- If Adelaide win, Perth lost the home court advantage, but face potentially three mild road trips to the City of Churches.
Damian Martin, Perth Wildcats captain, has gone on record as stating he’s prefer Adelaide, simply because of the less travel. But, having the carrot of three home finals might change his mind.
Either way, the league announced that regardless of who wins tomorrow night, the first game in the Grand Final series will be played this Sunday. Wildcats members can reportedly already start booking seats for the first home clash, regardless of when it will happen.
If Illawarra wins tomorrow night?
Perth Wildcats Versus Illawarra Hawks
- Game 1 – Sunday, February 26 – 4:00pm AWST at Perth Arena
- Game 2 – Wednesday, March 1 – 4:30pm AWST at WIN Entertainment Centre
- Game 3 – Sunday, March 5 – 12noon AWST at Perth Arena
- Game 4 (if required) – Friday, March 10 – 4:30pm AWST at WIN Entertainment Centre
- Game 5 (if required) – Sunday, March 12 – 4:00pm AWST at Perth Arena
If Adelaide wins tomorrow night?
Adelaide 36’ers vs Perth Wildcats
- Game 1 – Sunday, February 26 – 4:00pm AWST at Titanium Security Arena
- Game 2 – Thursday, March 2 – 6:30pm AWST at Perth Arena
- Game 3 – Sunday, March 5 – 12noon AWST at Titanium Security Arena
- Game 4 (if required) – Friday, March 10 – 6:30pm AWST at Perth Arena
- Game 5 (if required) – Sunday, March 12 – 4:00pm AWST at Titanium Security Arena
Written by: @dantheinternut