The one hassle about tonight’s big Adele concert is decided how you’re going to get there.
We’ve done some research and come up with a few ways that could work.
The warnings have been out for a few days now… organisers are expecting a bumper crowd to flock to Subiaco tonight, some reports suggesting as many as 60,000.
So, without further ado, here are some travel tips on getting in (and out) of Subiaco.
It’s probably the easiest option for tonight, but it will definitely be crowded. Transperth are pleading with punters to allow more time to get to and from Domain Stadium.
Remember, public transport is included with your concert ticket. Simply show tickets to the driver or inspector.
Here are some tips from Transperth
- Fans using the Joondalup line have the option to stop at Leederville station, instead of riding all the way into Perth. It’s a fair walk into Domain from there but it’s doable. Connecting bus and train services in Perth will be extremely busy so if you're able to take the short walk; it's likely to be the quickest option.
- Regular commuters should avoid the Fremantle train line between 5pm and 7.30pm.
- No one will be able to board trains at Subiaco station between 10pm and 11.30pm.
- Special event shuttle Route 80 will run from Perth Busport stands 1-4 to Cambridge Street from 4.30pm.
- Special event shuttle Route 685 will run from Roberts Road to Perth Busport after the concert.
Getting Dropped Off
- Official drop-off areas are Roberts Road after Ellen Street and Haydn Bunton Drive northbound.
- Another option is to get dropped off near the Homebase car park, off Salvado Road. It’s a short, sharp walk to the venue from there.
- Same for the Theatre Gardens carpark, off Bagot Road. Relatively simple to get to, has a great thoroughfare and it’s a nice walk down Rokeby Road to get there.
- Parking and getting in and out of Subiaco will be problematic, but there are option for parking. Much of Subiaco’s street parking is two hours free, with many free to use between 6pm and 8am. Note though that you run the risk of missing the beginning of the concert if you leave your arrival to after 6pm.
- The City of Subiaco is known to put special event limitations on from time to time, so the best thing to do is check the street signs before you leave your car for the venue. You don’t want to come back to a parking ticket, and the parking inspectors will be out in force tonight, no question.
- Limited ACROD bays will be available at Market Square.
However you get there tonight, have fun, stay safe and be patient. It will totally be worth it.
Written by: @dantheinternut