toggle menu
Live: mix94.5 Perth
Listen live

Potentially Toxic Fire In Banksia Grove

Smoke warning

Potentially Toxic Fire In Banksia Grove

A potentially toxic fire has broken out at Banksia Grove.

Emergency crews are currently looking to contain the fire, with concern that smoke could drift to nearby homes.

Crews have reportedly started to bury the rubble in sand.

Approximately 20 per cent of it has been covered so far, and it appears to be helping.

The site of the fire is Flynn Drive and Mather Drive, with people north of Flynn Drive understood to be impacted by smoke and fumes.

Anyone close to Flynn Drive has been advised to stay away from the smoke as it may potentially be toxic.

The Environmental Protection Authority has reportedly been requested to attend the scene.

More to come.