toggle menu
Live: Mix 94.5 Perth
Listen live

Sydney Apartment Engulfed In Flames

Residents evacuated.

Sydney Apartment Engulfed In Flames @9NewsSyd - Twitter

Dozens of residents of a Sydney apartment block were evacuated overnight after the building caught fire.

The fire broke out just after 4am this morning, with flames pouring out of one of the Chifley unit's window.


According to Nine News, fire investigators are currently looking into the incident, with reports that a lit cigarette left beside the bed may have been the cause of the fire.

The fire has destroyed the unit, with a large number of boxes at the scene a possible reason for speed at which the fire erupted and spread.


Upon arriving, fire crews focused their efforts on preventing the fire from spreading to surrounding units.