toggle menu
Live: Mix 94.5
 
Listen live

Microwave Explosion Narrowly Avoids Injuring Toddler

$99 microwave

Microwave Explosion Narrowly Avoids Injuring Toddler @Y7News - Twitter

A Bathurst man and his one-year-old daughter have narrowly avoided injury after a newly purchased microwave exploded.

The $99 purchase from Aldi had been used once before to heat up milk, but on August 26 the microwave door burst open with the interior shattering while the man prepared some popcorn.

Luckily the child had been placed on the floor moments before the explosion, with shards of glass flying everywhere.

Aldi have confirmed that this is a one-off incident and they will not be recalling the product.

"We were understandably concerned when a customer returned out 20L Microwave Oven (sold as a Special Buy on August 9) with a suggested fault," an Aldi Australia spokesperson told Triple M.

"We immediately investigated the claims and have been in contact with the customer.

"We can confirm that this is an isolated incident and we will not be recalling the product.

"All customers that have purchased the product can be confident to continue use."

 

;