The federal government has updated travel advice to Turkey after receiving information that terrorists may target Anzac Day commemorations on the Gallipoli peninsula.
Veterans Affairs Minister Dan Tehan told reporters in Canberra on Thursday the overall level of advice for Turkey and Gallipoli had not changed from "exercise a high degree of caution".
However, a specific warning has been added about terrorism, and Turkish authorities are stepping up security.
"Make no mistake, we will not let the terrorists win," Mr Tehan said.
Mr Tehan said the scheduled commemorations would continue as planned.
But travellers should be aware of the risks and take appropriate measures if they wished to continue with their visit.
"Unfortunately, in the current global environment, major events attract threats of varying degrees," he said.
"Regrettably, Anzac Day is not immune."
Australian Federal Police deputy commissioner Mike Phelan said his officers had been working closely with Turkish authorities, but he would not go into detail about the details of the threat.
"We do understand that the information suggests that terrorists may attack the peninsula. It is nothing more specific than that."
He said the advice level would continue to be under review up to the Anzac Day events.