Sean and his good, ole mate Dizzy competed in a good ole-fashioned FRITTER OFF. The battle was fierce and delicious and although there were wounds, the residual product left from this fight was TWO, GREAT FRITTER RECIPES.
And here they are... enjoy!
SEAN'S ZUCCHINI AND SWEET POTATO FRITTER
The zucchini and sweet potato carry this dish but the paprika and spices give it the spark it needs to make it special. Eat with guacamole to even out the spice!
- 1/2 white onion, sliced thin
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 medium sweet potato, grated
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Salt, pepper and spices (your choice, but cumin and paprika works swell)
- Grated cheese as desired
- Oil for cooking
- In a large bowl combine onions (caramelised if desired), grated zucchini, grated sweet potato, corn, flour, eggs and spices to form fritter “batter.”
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan.
- Use a spoon or fork to scoop the batter into the pan into medium sized “pancakes.”
- Allow fritters to fully cook on one side before you attempt to flip them over.
- When nicely golden brown on one side, flip them each over and allow them to cook on the other side.
- Once golden brown on both sides, remove from pan and serve with a yummy avocado, cherry tomato and red onion guacamole.
Now that is YUM YUM IN MY TUM TUM! Great for breakfast, lunch or tea!
DIZZY'S HUMBLE FRITTER
250g of plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
180 ml of milk
3 x eggs
2-3 cups of corn, cooked
1/2 a capsicum, diced
1 red chilli finely chopped
3-4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 x handful of coriander
1 x handful of parsley
Sift the flour, salt, pepper and baking powder into a bowl.
Whisk the milk and eggs lightly
Combine the the veggies, herbs, dry mix and eggs mixture in a big bowl until nicely combined
Heat a pan on medium heat with some olive oil
Use a scoop to place blobs of the mixture around the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes on both sides until golden and firm.
AND there you have it, two WONDERFUL recipes, one for alternate weeks perhaps!
To see more recipes from DIZZY'S KITCHEN, please head to the following link: