Posted: 26 October, 2016
by Footy Newsroom
Bombers Delist Kommer, Eades
Essendon pair shown the door
Essendon have delisted Nick Kommer and Yestin Eades on Wednesday.
After being selected at pick No.73 in the 2012 draft, Kommer played 19 games and kicked 10 goals in his debut 2013 season.
But knee and thigh injuries kept him sidelined for two years before he returned to the senior line-up this year for three more games to take his career tally to 22.
Eades was taken at pick No.64 in last year’s draft but failed to debut.
Essendon football manager Rob Kerr thanked Kommer for his service over the past four seasons.
“Nick is a wonderful young man and an extremely popular member of the playing group,” Kerr said.
“Despite the injury setbacks Nick has faced since arriving at the club, he has always maintained professional standards and shown commitment in his approach to developing his football career.
“Nick is also a great role model and leads by example in his efforts within the community, in particular his work with Ladder – supporting young people at-risk or experiencing homelessness."
Kerr said the club would consider re-drafting Eades.
“Yestin has a lot of raw talent and he will be given every chance to secure a spot on the club’s rookie list in the upcoming rookie draft,” Kerr said.
“We will continue to follow his journey and progress over the coming weeks.
“Both Nick and Yestin will always be welcome at the Essendon Football Club and we wish them all the best for the future.”
For all the latest and best Triple M Footy news, download the Triple M App